Monday 2 November 2015

Christmas 2015: Knitted Gifts 1




 The first Christmas gift I've made this year is my 3 Wise Owls pattern.

 
Each owl is knitted sideways so the first coloured wing is knitted first, then the fluffy body then finally the second wing, really simple and quick to do.
 
 
Thank goodness buttonholes are used in the pattern - pop the 2 eyes in, secure them at the back then hey presto! the eyes are finished and look fab!  So much better than counting the rows and stitches between the eyes.  These eyes from Trimit are very good.  They have the metal circular backs which I find much easier to use than the plastic 3D ones I used a couple of years ago where I had to use a hammer to get the backs on!
 

Stuff the toy using small pieces of filling at a time to avoid the owl being lumpy.
 
 
I added some different trimmings this year to the heads.  The pattern calls for one owl to have holly, one to have mistletoe and one to have feathers.  I am quite happy with these ones.  I could have trimmed the fluffiest parts round the eyes but I decided they had more character with them there!  This set is now in the post heading for Boston, USA.  I had to use a replacement gas fire log since customs would probably object to a real log being used in case there were any little bugs hiding in it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment