Wednesday 15 April 2020

Woolrobe

Last year I finally got a place to store my yarn - a wardrobe!  Well, I call it my woolrobe.  Since the majority of my knitting and designing is for babies, the cubbie holes are filled with good quality baby acrylics.  I do love knitting with natural yarns but find it safer to create garments in acrylic in case babies are allergic to wool, especially in the case of premature babies.


For toys I tend to use cheaper acrylics, which is really cost effective if your toy knit has a lot of colours!  I normally do not buy yarn for toys (unless I'm making a gift for someone) - as a designer I get the yarn delivered to me, arranged by the editor of the magazine.

I also keep a selection of my favourite knitting books, some tools and buttons here too.  The Scheepies yarn is on display because I just love looking at it!  I am collecting ideas for how I'm going to use these mini balls of yarn for when I finally decide to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment